What to look for:
- Employees having difficulty following instructions and unable to respond to increased supervision.
- Employees being impulsive and often making careless mistakes.
- Conflicting work performance and productivity.
- Incomplete tasks.
- Lethargy and lack of deliberation.
Poor Attendance and Absenteeism:
- Increased unauthorized absenteeism and unexplained delay.
- Consistent absences after breaks (Mondays, the day after holidays, or paydays)
- Excessive use of sick leave or complaining of unexplained illnesses in the workplace.
- Frequent requests for early work departure.
- Unusually long lunch breaks.
- Leaving the workplace without notice.
Attitude and Physical Appearance:
- Being confrontational with coworkers and disturbing the workplace.
- Constant supervision required for quality work.
- Disinterest in assignments, and responsibilities.
- Neglectful and having disorganized work ethic.
- Extreme paranoia towards colleagues.
- Coworkers suffer because of the employee’s behavior.
- Physical appearance changes: Bloodshot or watery eyes, very large or very small pupils as well as intoxicated behavior.
- Obsession with drug culture and/or alcohol as well as often having an odor of alcohol.
Health and Safety Hazards:
- Increased participation in accidents and risky behavior.
- Insignificance toward safety rules and being careless when handling materials around others or themselves.